Valledolmo is located on the south-west side of the lower Madonie. Its history is relatively recent: until the sixteenth century this area was uninhabited land, part of the vast County of Sclafani. The official foundation of the village dates back to 1650, when Count Giuseppe Mario Cutelli obtained a license to populate part of the county lands. The initial name, “Castel Normanno,” was used only in official documents and soon replaced by the more popular “Vallis Ulmi” (Valley of the Elms) motivated by a large elm tree present in the town. The present-day town center is still structured around the courtyard of the main building “Baglio Castellana.” Since its foundation, Valledolmo developed as a town through a strong agricultural tradition thanks to its fertile, sun-drenched lands irrigated by the Madonie springs. Still today, Valledolmo hosts well-known wine estates, durum wheat crops, and Siccagno tomato crops. Not surprisingly, the people of Valledolmo are recognized by all their neighbors for their industriousness.